Anyone tried the Mbrace Guitar Holder. Just bought one for my acoustic for them live acoustic parts and it's working out great so far. Seems the Gracie Stands is out of business as no one has them. Would like to have a Gracie for my resonator/dobro.
I own a Gracie Electric Stand what's the difference between the two.
There's a bunch of differences.
1. The Mbrace doesn't clamp to the body like the Gracie so it allows the guitar to ring naturally like it should. This only really pertains to acoustic guitars.
2. The Mbrace tilts from right to left in 11 positions while the Gracie allows you to go from any angle right to left and front and back tilting.
3. The Mbrace is a lot cheaper in price which is a plus.
4. The Mbrace works with any electric guitar, acoustic guitar, some keyboards, electric basses, banjos (requires longer strap). You would have to buy a different model Gracie for each model. (electric, acoustic, thin acoustic, electric bass etc..)
5. The Mbrace connects to a tripod mic stand while the Gracie uses a double braced cymbal stand. Both are sturdy.
Overall your better off with the Mbrace since it's cheaper in price and you can use it with all your guitars, electric basses etc.
Good points Brian. I like the Mbrace works well plus it saves my back for them 4 hour shows.
Wish my Gracie could be used for an acoustic. I may give the Mbrace a try. I like the idea that it can used with electric, acoustic.
There's a couple of different Mbrace product pages here's a good start.
Here's a pic of the Gracie electric for comparison.
I use the Mbrace in my home studio. I setup my acoustic and have it mic'd. Found the sweet spot with the mic and get the same sound when recording every time. Very useful.
Great idea have to give it a try!
Checkout the interview with Marc Cherry the inventor of the Mbrace Guitar Holder. I also included the link on how to install and use it.
Interview with Marc Cherry
How to assemble the Mbrace
Got my Acoustic Guitar setup now with the Mbrace in my studio. I always recorded sitting down holding the guitar and the sound would change slightly with each take. Now the guitar doesn't move and the sound is more consistent. Great Idea tattoo thanks again!
Copyright © 1999-2013 Guitar Files ™
Guitar Files is dedicated to: Dennis Johnson Sr. (Oct 2, 1949 - Jan 20, 2013)